The magic natural release of this unique mineral water from a curative source at Luhačovice began in late Tertiary when the Earth was inhabited by dinosaurs. This place was later a cave with settlement of ice age hunters, and younger archaeological findings reveal presence of stone age farmers. Archaeologists believe that people were able to use mineral springs already then. The story continues until the present days.
(Click on the year below to display more information)
in the course of the first year of the company existence – 1998 – 2,788,000 bottles were filled and sold. In 2018 the number of filled bottles increased to 5,037,000, part for export to Slovakia, Cyprus, Russia, China, Estonia, South Korea, Austria and the U.S.A.
Major overhaul and reconstruction of the building and the bottling technology with contribution from EU subsidy funds, discontinuation of Vincentka bottling in returnable bottles and transfer to a new shape of disposable bottles. Extension of the portfolio of accompanying Vincentka products.
The new owner is the joint-stock company Léčivé vody a. s. Ostrava, in 2008 (after expiration of the industrial property rights to the business name Vincentka) renamed to Vincentka a. s. Luhačovice. Vincentka is again bottled and sold.
In the first wave of sale of state establishments to private owners the bottling station was acquired by the limited liability company HELIOS Praha s.r.o. as its first private owner. In 1996 the operation of the bottling station was wound up, the technology was removed and the employees were dismissed. Vincentka was off the market for several years.
The to-date shallow wells (drilled down to circa 8 m depth) were replaced with deep wells (30–50 m deep) for the reason of the source contamination. To bottle Vincentka a new well, BJ 305, 34.8 m deep, called New Vincentka, was drilled. Since 1990 the well was administered by the owner of the mineral spring business called Moravskoslezská zřídla who organised Vincentka bottling.
Vincentka bottling in glass was stopped and replaced with the technology of bottling in plastic, which continued to be used until 1985, when bottling in returnable glass bottles was resumed.
Together with construction of the new colonnade the old bottling station of 1852 was pulled down and a new building with new modern bottling technology was built on the slope of Velká Kamenná over the road in the place of the current bottling station.
A wooden colonnade was built along the path to the Vincentka spring and a new, bigger bottling station with a bottle store was built in the place of the former bottling station. The bottling station was equipped with technology for glass bottle washing and filling.
Major Moravian builders, František and Kajetán Vašíčeks, designed new spa buildings since 1820 to order placed by Jan Nepomuk Serényi, including Jan´s House with Vincentka mineral spa and bottling station. The mineral water began to be bottled in 1.5 l glass bottles instead of the former ceramic flasks.
Count Vincenc Serényi had the first bathrooms with bathtubs, an inn and other buildings built, and the main mineral spring adapted. Therefore the spring was named after him Vincenz-Quelle, in Czech Vincentka. The Count became the founder or organised spa therapy.
The professor of chemistry and medicine doctor of Vienna Heinrich Johann von Crantz performed the first detailed chemical analysis of the mineral water composition in the context of his research project called Curative Springs in Austrian Monarchy. He proved that the Luhačovice mineral water was 3times more mineralised than the Selter mineral water, then the recognised best mineral water of Austria.
Jan Ferdinand Hertod in his Latin script called Tartaro-Mastix Moraviae (Tartar Mastic of Moravia), issued in Brno, analyses curative effects of the salty mineral water of Luhačovice. In response to Hertod´s account Count Andrew Serényi had the main spring at the foothills of Velká Kamenná adapted to the current Vincentka spring.